Sunday, June 01, 2008

An update on my weekend.
Being home alone is really weird. I have been waking up at 6:30 to 7:00 a.m. in the morning and telling myself, I don't have to get up and do anything. Fortunately, I have been able to turn over and go back to sleep for a few hours. Sewing has been one of my top priorities this weekend, since I have to hit the ground running on Monday morning taking care of business. After finishing OC step 5 on Saturday, I progressed to my Batik Jewels. Got a few more done. They are so pretty! (see below)
This evening was spent with my good friend, Joyce. Joyce's husband (our former minister) passed away 12 weeks ago and we spent the evening reviewing the events of their short married life (1 year 1 month 5 days). As the evening progressed (after 2 bottles of wine were consumed) we got into a deep theological discussion. What an interesting evening. Needless to say, my mind is totally exhausted, but all in all it has been a good weekend.
I have had my 3 days of being home alone and am ready for DH to come home.

1 comment:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I almost hopped on a plane the other night! Think what kind of fun we could get into down there by ourselves!