Sunday, March 28, 2010



THE DONE COLUMN

The Christmas Cardinals

On a trip to Florida about 3 years ago with my great quilt friends, I bought the fabric for this quilt. At the same time, I got, as a gift, a quilt cookbook which consisted of desert recipes and quilt patterns. I thought this pattern was perfect. After many distractions, I finally finished the top but decided to hand quilt it and that took me forever. Procrastination was what you call it. I'm glad it is done and will be ready to hang next Christmas.



NICU QUILT

Our guild lost a very dear friend and member last year. Roseanna's favorite project was making NICU quilts. It was decided that we would all keep her memory alive by continuing her project and placing labels on the quilts to tell the recipients they were made in her memory. This is my first one and have plans for a few more.






3 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Jan it is WONDERFUL! I loved it when I saw it at Miss Mary's a few years ago. It is beautiful! I forgot to make my NICU quilt this weekend. dang.

fiberobsession said...

How pretty! So glad you got it finished. Doesn't it feel wonderful to complete a project?

The NICU quilt is great, too. I am loving doing these. It uses up scraps, but is so fulfilling.

Cass said...

The Christmas cardnial quilt is stunning. I am smitten with your quilt!! Was the pattern in the cookbook? as I think it would be perfect for all the fabric we hate to "cut" I would love to know the name of the pattern.
Thank you for sharing your pictures!
Sandy G in Clio, Michigan